Interesting news from my Dealer on the 2012 ECM - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 06:25 PM
$tromtrooper

Default Interesting news from my Dealer on the 2012 ECM

Swung into my Dealer to discuss the ongoing popping I'm getting in the airbox. Complained originally shortly after the purchase of the bike (1-2 weeks after purchase) , as I would go off road , and it would pop over every small obstacle I crossed (rock veins , roots , etc...). It also does it on the street from time to time. They contacted Suzuki , who said "We've never heard of that complaint". Naturally.

Walked in the door today , and the guys said "Hey , Suzuki has acknowledged your issue , and is going to resolve it". OK...... So , they printed me a bulletin stating that they are changing the ECM (from "early" version to "late" version) and installing Iridium plugs. Parts will be in on Friday , so here's to hoping.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Stromthusiast!

Good deal, hope that takes care of it. At least they're trying to take care of the issue. If that doesn't fix it, hopefully they'll keep trying

Next time I'll put some effort into my username. This one sounds like a toilet Bowl cleaner or Treadmill, or..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Stromthusiast!

What model year are the bykes with "popping" issues?
Old 03-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I got a phone call from my dealership yesterday asking if I wanted to be involved in this. Uhhh, yeah. Only question I asked them is about my re-flash. I had my ECU reflashed with a Yosh box and I asked if they would do that again. They said they want to replace the ECU first and see if it needs it. After what I went through with the brakes on my '08 Gixxer (which Suzuki never admitted was a problem) I am hoping this doesn't become a fiasco.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Stromthusiast!

Again what year bike and is it the 650?
Old 03-14-2013, 04:47 PM
$tromtrooper

My bad......mine is a 2012 1000.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Moderator++

650s don't have lean run issues. I'm moving this thread to the Vee forum.

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at http://www.stromtrooper.com/informat...-you-have.html
Old 03-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Stromthusiast!

I have been trying to get this same news out to Vee owners for 2 months. It is and should be the most viewed and talked about fix for the Vee EVER! The new ECU that Suzuki is sending dealers to install on the 2012 is literally fixing every running issue, gas mileage issue, stuttering issue, popping issue etc. that has plagued the Vee since these problems have developed. I had it installed on my 2012 Adventure and have continually stated that it has corrected EVERY problem my bike had. Yet I continue to read complaints from riders asking whats wrong and what can be done. Why not just send a blanket reply to all members that if they are experiencing these types of problems, contact your dealer and get the ECU ordered and installed and spend more time riding and less time posting and asking what can be done? You don't need a PC, you need the new ECU that Suzuki has developed and is giving you for FREE!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:52 PM
$tromtrooper

Music to my ears............
Old 03-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Stromthusiast!

I contacted my dealer about mine sputtering and stalling.

Part(s) have been ordered and I'll schedule an install appointment as soon as they arrive.

How long does it take them to swap out the ECM units anyway ?

In any event, thanks to the OP for the heads up on this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement