Best Place to Buy Battery Gauge? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums  

Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Stromthusiast!

Default Best Place to Buy Battery Gauge?

Trying to find a source to order a Battery Voltage Gauge from to mount either on the Handle Bars or Dash somewhere. I keep coming up on the LED one that just has different color light that come on telling what the output is but I don't want that. I see these neat little digital ones that tell you exactly where you are via a number. Can someone point me in the right direction to buy one? We'll get to the which wires do we hook it up to as to not drain the battery after I find and order one

Next time I'll put some effort into my username. This one sounds like a toilet Bowl cleaner or Treadmill, or..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Stromthusiast!

I'm assuming you're looking for a digital voltmeter that you can mount somewhere. I found these two on google.

2 Wire Blue DC 4.5-30V LED Panel digital display Voltage Meter Voltmeter By BuyinCoins - Amazon.com

Universal 2" 52mm Blue Digital LED Volt Voltmeter Gauge 0-15V
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Stromthusiast!

Yes, the first was more like what I wanted to find. I ended up ordering one from Signal Dynamics after seeing it mentioned in another thread about a dieing battery. Its just a simple LED buld that changes color depending on Voltage.. Works for me I guess

Next time I'll put some effort into my username. This one sounds like a toilet Bowl cleaner or Treadmill, or..
Old 12-11-2012, 05:06 PM
$tromtrooper

There are a bunch of waterproof voltmeters on fleabay for about $5, shipped from Asia.

This message and images are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. http://creativecommons.org
Old 12-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Stromthusiast!

I see and like a many of those but I like stuff quickly when possible. The signal dynamics one should do the trick. Its not as neat-o as some of the others but honestly this is already pretty neat for me just getting one. Just a warning light really- preventive measure

Old 12-11-2012, 06:46 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1000 View Post
I see and like a many of those but I like stuff quickly when possible.
My last one (about two weeks ago) was received in two days from Hong Kong. Total charge was $5 and change.

This message and images are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. http://creativecommons.org
Old 12-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcgee View Post
My last one (about two weeks ago) was received in two days from Hong Kong. Total charge was $5 and change.
Seriously? Doooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 12-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

Handled.............

Last edited by scott1000; 12-26-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Stromthusiast!

I got one of those like Scott described, that changes color depending on the voltage. Be careful though, there are a couple of different range options. I drilled a 12mm hole in the side of the verticle piece of plastic next to the front fuel tank cover piece behind the handlebar. I also added a on/off switch for it( all my switches for aux lights, radar detector and battery light are mounted in that same removeable plastic piece covering the front tank bolt). The only problem with the LED type is that you can't see it in daylight without covering it with your hand.

I had my magnets come loose in my alternator last spring and reglued them so I was very worried about them coming loose again and wanted some warning that the alternator had failed after having to phone-a-friend when my bike died on a trip. The glue has held and I also have piece of mind....but I do wish it was easier to see in the day time.

jeff
Stock bikes: a purple '74 RD350 in great shape, '70 H1, '72 H1, 1975 GT550, ,original 1975 H2 750 triple (purple of course), 1976 CB400F Supersport. Modified bikes: Fully ported 1974 H2 750(my go-fast), a scary fast '82 Yam 650Turbo running 18PSI, a '75 GT550 built up & ported. To-Restore list: '72 H1, 2-'75 H1's. Latest Restored '73 CB350-given away
Sponsored Links
Advertisement