Possible new Stromer - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I agree, off road there will always be off camber sections that make the reach alot greater, & dismounting is common to get the beast turned around. I am tall, but dismounting with saddle bags / cases on takes alot to get use to
Dirt / fire roads won't be much different then pavement in terms of seat hieght.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Thanks for all the advice!!!

I'm going into the dealer tomorrow. I think i will order it with a 1" lower kit on it and just remove it once i have built up some confidence/ get a sergeant seat.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

You can probably pick up a new 04-11 DL650 seat on ebay today for about $50.

Will fit.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Lowering links NO!

Lowering links change the center of gravity of the bike (BMW F650 experience). If any lowering is to happen, do it with a shaved seat instead of altering the dynamics of the (highly) engineered motorcycle. As far as trading in an R1 for a V-Strom...hell yes! Join us and learn the meaning of brand loyalty! Happy Stromming!

2006 V-Strom 1000
[B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life is tough and unfair, always wear a helmet![/COLOR][/B]

Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Moderator++

A lower C/G is a good thing and lowering the front to match the rear does that and keeps the stock rake and trail. The problem is aerodynamic front end lift on Vees and Wees. Lowering the front helps with that while lowering the rear makes it worse.

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at http://www.stromtrooper.com/informat...-you-have.html
Old 12-30-2012, 09:25 AM
$tromtrooper

I went from A Gsxr 1K to my Vee to ride fast etc, on the badly paved New England 2ndary roads away from Imperial Involvement

I was a good move
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.