Vee electronic wizad...ish - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 07:26 PM
$tromtrooper

Default Vee electronic wizad...ish

ecueditor.com - ultimate gsxr superbike ecu flash tuning software by petrik

this is free that works on most Suzi ecu's

I need someone with experience to see if an interface can be made to the VEE strom remappable ECU

If yes then good running and mileage may be obtainable
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 08:58 PM
$tromtrooper

Greetings richw,
If you read Motorcycle Consumer News there is an article running several months on this very subject.
I believe they list web links to people that make ECU to USB connector cables for various motorcycles that would allow you to use such software.

I think its listed under "Technical & How To" and ran during the early part of 2012.

Motorcycle Consumer News - MCNews.com - The most complete, most detailed and most accurate information about every aspect of motorcycling.

-Ej-
Old 11-29-2012, 01:06 AM
Stromthusiast!

This tool works off the design of the Suzuki SDS tool. That same tool works with every Suzuki EFI bike including the V-Strom. Assuming the interface tool was wired to the ECU correctly I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work as is. Thanks for posting this, my interest is very much peaked.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:49 PM
$tromtrooper

and so

did you look at the interface design / construction

is it doable
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:51 PM
$tromtrooper

Great thread starter richw.
Unfortunately, after digging through the MCN article I found that ECU to USB (or DB9 serial) adapter cables are currently only available for...
Aprilia
Benelli
Buell (go figure)
Ducati
KTM
Moto Guzzi
MZ (long defunct)
and Triumph motorcycles.
Maybe sell the Vee and buy one of the above?
Here, check this post too for what we "don't" have access to...
ADVrider - View Single Post - TuneECU for 990 - got tunes?

If you find anything new on this please post!

One last thing...
Either the HealTech Tuner Pro or more likely their OBD Tool may be what you need. Check out the PDF's on their web site...
HealTech Electronics Ltd. - Makers of the SpeedoHealer, GIpro, X-TRE, FI Tuner Pro, Brake Light Pro, MM5, OBD Tool

I believe Greywolf owns a HealTech so he might be able to explain its function in greater detail.
But its a reader, Not to be confused with an ECU flasher.
Regards,
-Ej-
Old 11-30-2012, 10:46 AM
$tromtrooper

In my ignorance but.......

A Teka or Yosh box will work on ALL the Gsxr, and Busa's of the same vintage as well as Stroms

This leads me to believe that the ECU certainly speaks the same language, and frankly may BE the same inside the housing

The article at the web site indicates that their little interface can download a current map and then upload a modified map.

I was hoping one of you who do electronics well would see how tough it would be to build the interface they show at that website as it looks like $30 worth of parts. That and analyze existing Strom information so as not to let out the magic smoke when connected.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Moderator++

The HealTech OBD tool can't make changes to the ECM. It reads info and temporarily controls some functions like locking the ISC valve for a TBS. It can't even do an ISC valve reset on the Strom but it can on other Suzukis. It connects to a different port from the one used by a Yosh or Teka box to write to the ECM.

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at http://www.stromtrooper.com/informat...-you-have.html
Old 11-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I talked about this a while back,,
I sent my ECM off my 08 Hayabusa in and had the Pair valve disconnected
also the top speed limiter, The kick stand and clutch safety switches by passed,,
Also had my restrictions taken off my 1st and second gears,,
Best 50 bucks I spent on the Busa...
I already had the PC. V and the full header system on it...
Mike
Old 11-30-2012, 08:23 PM
$tromtrooper

Ecueditor diagnostic DL 1000 V-strom K,L-line adapter BM9213 - YouTube

now where is this guy ?
Old 11-30-2012, 11:02 PM
$tromtrooper

Nice Video but reading the values while the bike is running is different than flashing (or physically changing values) in the ECM.

Reading the various inputs from the sensors in real-time is impressive but such devices don't actually change anything. It's like using the B&B Electronics product called AutoTAP and a laptop to see what your car's readings are via the ODB2 jack.
It looks cool as hell but changes nothing.

What needs to be done is to alter (or re-program) the maps inside the ECM so that the stock inputs to the ECM result in different or modified outputs to the various things such as FI volume and spark timing.
Obviously there are numerous gadgets that will send altered data to your ECM in an attempt to force it to dump-in more fuel or advance the timing, etc... but they are not actually flashing the map. They are merely fooling the ECM and fortunately for us, they work rather well.

There are aftermarket ECM's you can buy that allow you to have full control but seem like overkill to me... and you need to be an astrophysicist (um, way smart) to program a blank ECU from scratch.
Fuel Injection for Motorcycles

This might help too.
A chat with "Chuck" is an education in itself. He is an expert in TL1000r ECM mapping.
Here is a web link...
Chucks TL1000R

Ever wonder what a Yosh Box actually does to your bike?
Here you go...
Yoshbox variables revealed - ECU hacking

Sorry about the long post.
It's all bush league stuff ya' probably already know but it was fun to ramble on.
Regards,
-Ej-

Last edited by Electrojake; 12-01-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.