Power commander - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default Power commander

So I bought a 08 V last year and so far I love it. 12000 miles and counting since I brought it home. The previous owner installed Two Bros slip ons and a K&N filter. I had the usual running issues so I purchased a Power Commander with a preloaded map from More Power racing. This fixed all my problems and made the bike run awesome. Then today a guy tells me if I don't get it dynoed and tuned I could do damage to my valves. Is this true? or is he just talking out of his a**?

Also have any of you guys tried the Shinko 705 tires on your V? I got some 6000 miles ago and they are great. Good grip, good wear and half the price of the other name brand tires. I like to say I buy the cheapest thing available and expect it to last forever. These fit that bill.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 11:46 PM
Stromthusiast!

Looks like we are neighbors, relatively speaking.

The power commander without being dyno'ed won't damage your bike. The generic maps shipped with the PC's typically enrich the mixture to correct driveability issues. A dyno tune would configure your PC to your bike, every bike is slightly different, but the map included will work okay. My '07 has a PCIII with a stock exhaust, I've tweaked some of the maps downloaded from the forums to help preserve fuel mileage and still correct the surge and bucks.

I too have a Shinko 705 in the rear and for the money it's been great, about 4500 miles with less than half the tread gone.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement