Fan Thermo Switch Connector. - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 09:40 PM
$tromtrooper

Default Fan Thermo Switch Connector.

DL1000K6 Fan Thermo Switch Connector.
Getting the thermo switch is easy, P/N: 17680-33E00 for about $40.
Getting the connector that plugs in to it... that's gonna' be tough.
Perhaps an email to Eastern Beaver?
Suggestions, free advice?
Anybody?

Thanks,
-Ej-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 05:57 AM
Stromthusiast!

A trip to the wreckers (dismantlers) and get one from there, just make sure there is enough wire at the rear of the connector to splice back to your loom. Otherwise if you need to go the 'new' there will be someone out there that makes the connectors................ much easier to cut and splice

FS
03 V Strom. Racetech springs gold valves, 'shocktreatment' rebuilt rear shock (spring and valving), Pro taper high ATV bars and Storm Barkbusters modded from honda transalp, eastern beaver power outlet headlight relay mod and fuse block, power commander, givi top case and panniers, staintune exhaust.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:31 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Strom View Post
A trip to the wreckers (dismantlers) and get one from there
FS
It's looking like you are correct.
A couple of guys on the TL forum have mentioned scrap harnesses.
There are two such connectors on a TL harness (I think).
Or simply buy a new harnes for $600.00 and cut off the connector I need.
FS, thanks for the reply to my dilemma,
-Ej-
Old 11-15-2012, 02:48 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrojake View Post
It's looking like you are correct.
A couple of guys on the TL forum have mentioned scrap harnesses.
There are two such connectors on a TL harness (I think).
Or simply buy a new harnes for $600.00 and cut off the connector I need.
FS, thanks for the reply to my dilemma,
-Ej-
Woops hate to say this but use the telephone book instead of the 'net and make some calls, might surprise yourself, know of a couple of wreckers here with wrecked stroms reckon there must be more in your neck of the woods than here. Found wreckers as a great source for parts, sometimes they're frustrating but most of the times I can get what I want.
03 V Strom. Racetech springs gold valves, 'shocktreatment' rebuilt rear shock (spring and valving), Pro taper high ATV bars and Storm Barkbusters modded from honda transalp, eastern beaver power outlet headlight relay mod and fuse block, power commander, givi top case and panniers, staintune exhaust.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:42 AM
Stromthusiast!

Ebay links removed. They are against forum rules. Greywolf

or

$90.00: DL1000 V-Strom | Used Motorcycle Parts : 562-435-0900 : Salvage Bikes : Safaricyle.com

google is your friend....

Last edited by greywolf; 11-15-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: ebay links
Old 11-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Stromthusiast!

Somewere within the Suzuki mother ship lies a schematic of all connectors. Unlike Harley, which lists all the various connectors used on a model within each respective service manual, and sells each m/f connector and pins, Suzuki does not. I can't believe a Suzuki dealership would replace an entire harness due to a defective/broken connector. If you haven't already, I would talk directly to the service manager at your local dealership regarding your dilema.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teevee View Post
Ebay links removed. They are against forum rules. Greywolf

or

$90.00: DL1000 V-Strom | Used Motorcycle Parts : 562-435-0900 : Salvage Bikes : Safaricyle.com

google is your friend....
considering i was only trying to help a guy out, the links were not to sales that i was in anyway involved with, and the undeniable fact that the prohibition on posting ebay links is exclusive to the marketplace rules, deleting the links was not warranted.

as for the rule itself, prohibiting ebay and craigs list links while permitting every other type of commercial link makes ZERO sense.

Electrojake: do yourself a favor and search ebay.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Moderator++

I don't make the rules, just enforce them. They are based on past experience. I understand your position. If somebody would benefit from an ebay sale, and we can't tell whether the poster might, it doesn't matter what forum contains the link. Ebay and Craigslist are singled out because they are the typical places where an individual can sell things.

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at http://www.stromtrooper.com/informat...-you-have.html
Old 11-15-2012, 09:37 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywolf View Post
I don't make the rules, just enforce them.
Trapper, TV, Farmer...
Thanks for the input, (especially that link).
You have given me the motivation I needed to dig a little deeper into this situation. I'm going to follow up on a few of these leads and investigate a used connector rather than just look for new ones.
Another thing I should do is go to my local dealer in-person (rather than just call) to see if I can get a connector from them, be it new or used.

And finally, greywolf. . .
As I've said before; you are an interesting fellow, (moderator).
Next time I make the trek from Jersey to Milwaukee (as I occasionally do) I would be fascinated to actually meet you.
Nuff said.

Thanks again guys.
I'll report back with my findings and the story about the day my fan connector failed and my Vee got so hot (in traffic on a 39 degree F day) that the pipes were glowing red. <bummer>
-Ej-
Old 11-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywolf View Post
I don't make the rules, just enforce them. They are based on past experience. I understand your position. If somebody would benefit from an ebay sale, and we can't tell whether the poster might, it doesn't matter what forum contains the link. Ebay and Craigslist are singled out because they are the typical places where an individual can sell things.
rules is rules even if they make no sense. i understand your position.

thanks GW!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement