How many miles did your first set of tires last? - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdebritz View Post
I've seen that video, and do it. It makes the cagers take notice. Yes it's 8,000 miles on factory Bridgestone Trailwings.
LEO told me that swerving was a vehicle colds violation. Haven't found the code yet.
Next time, politely ask the LEO what VC that would be. If he/she/it cannot cite the vehicle code, then he/she/it was fishing for PC or "felt" like it should be wrong. Either way, it's not a violation.

I have 3M Solas reflectorized stickers stickers on my top and side cases. If I had a penny for every time a cop pulled up behind me and grabbed their code book or run my plates, I'd be a millionaire.

The point is: know your rights. Asserting them is no crime either.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasFirstFreedom View Post
Next time, politely ask the LEO what VC that would be. If he/she/it cannot cite the vehicle code, then he/she/it was fishing for PC or "felt" like it should be wrong. Either way, it's not a violation.

I have 3M Solas reflectorized stickers stickers on my top and side cases. If I had a penny for every time a cop pulled up behind me and grabbed their code book or run my plates, I'd be a millionaire.

The point is: know your rights. Asserting them is no crime either.

They cite it as reckless driving

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]Scoot - #27, Flat Black Club[/SIZE][/FONT]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
I don't get it. What do your stickers have to do with anything?

pmk
Old 11-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmk View Post
I don't get it. What do your stickers have to do with anything?

pmk
There aren't many bikes in the area I travel in and it catches their eye. A few pull up behind me at stop lights and I can see them, from my mirror, flipping through their code book to try to find something to pull me over.

The point is if they cannot articulate the VC, they are merely jaw-jacking. Some may say they are trying to be intimidating; others may say they are looking for PC depending on you answer or attitude; still others because they think what they dislike o have not seen must be illegal.

Just stay informed. If the OP was not swerving with traffic around him, the LEO was jaw-jacking and did not want o admit there was no legal reason to pull them over. Then again, maybe the LEO just wanted to talk shop.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
They cite it as reckless driving

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App
You'd beat that in court. By that definition, lane-splitting is reckless. If done safely, it is LEGAL. Either scenario, LEO has to prove it was a danger to other motorists. Swerving can be explained as an anti-SMIDSY maneuver and, unless you are a jerk to the Court, the judge will find it to be a plausible explanation and dismiss your ticket.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:03 PM
$tromtrooper

Make sure you cross over the center lane grease as many times as possible
Old 11-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

I get about 4,000 miles per rear tire. I'm currently running K-60 Scouts and have worn the rear 1/2 out in 2000 miles running 39 psi cold solo but I weigh 300 and have a heavy throttle hand and ride the NC twisties and gravel almost exclusively
Old 11-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Stromthusiast!

I got 24,000 km's out of the stock tires, now trying out Tourance's and my next set will be trying the Pilot 3's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement