Which Exhaust Mod to GO w/? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Which Exhaust Mod to GO w/?

So after falling back in love with my Vee once the PCV was on. I find myself in the fixer upping mood once again. I'm trying to figure out a few things on the Exhaust.

First; Is it better to just go with Slip-ons or
Second; Is it better to replace the entire system.

My factory Exhaust has no issues or real problems. But I like buying Bike stuff and want to make my Vee sound a little better. Now that I have the PCV that can be re-mapped to fix any issues changing the Exhaust may produce, I'm ready to upgrade. It would be nice to hear different brands that are already in use (Preferably on the 1000). But its not a perfect world, so I can't expect getting my cake and eating it to
Anyway, just curious what opinions are out there on the better sounding/performing types out there. Of course, money plays a little role here. It would be nice not to drop a grand on a system just for a better sound.

I'm all ears, as I have actually always had factory only exhaust on my bikes. SO go easy on the Virgin- I can't help it's my first time

Next time I'll put some effort into my username. This one sounds like a toilet Bowl cleaner or Treadmill, or..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 12:16 PM

I have Dale Walker's Holeshot slip ons and couldn't be happier. Dale is awesome to deal with.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Stromthusiast!

Cool thanks for the idea. I shall look 'em up. Gonna do a bunch of research on everything I hear of and draw straws from there.. I'm at work now- thus I get to do plenty of research of my own and I like it that way. Can't let work interfere with my personal life- Especially while I'm at work

Next time I'll put some effort into my username. This one sounds like a toilet Bowl cleaner or Treadmill, or..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Stromthusiast!

I love my 2 brothers carbons. They are a bit loud.

https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/c...05f8d93cd1783e

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

" I like my Motorcycle's Loud and my Firearms Quiet." -Me
Old 10-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

Those are nice and sound good as well. This is going to be a tough decision, I can see it now. Thanks for the sound/vid clip.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Reaper View Post
I love my 2 brothers carbons. They are a bit loud.
I've heard 2 Bros cans on a Vee. Saying they're "a bit loud" is an understatement - they're rudely loud. Didn't care for the sound of them myself, which is why I had the original owner of my bike remove them are replace the original parts. I wouldn't mind a bit of deeper, throatier sound - IMO 2 Bros are not it. Well, that my $.02 worth on the subject.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I bought a set of used Staintune slip-ons from another member. Very happy with them. Without the baffles, quite loud, but still meets some local sound bylaws. No where near the level of 2 Bros. though. With baffles in, just enough more than stock sound. They are expensive, but don't ever require repacking and are nice polished stainless.
'03 DRZ400$ sold, down to one bike
Old 10-12-2012, 03:42 PM
$tromtrooper

I also have the staintune, the are quite loud with out the baffles, but it is a good loud, With the baffles in they still sound good, just dont wake the neighbors

Turn you speakers way up

Last edited by NSdave; 10-12-2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Stromthusiast!

i don't think anyone makes a total system replacement for the V. i have the akras and they are sweet. search you tube for sound files of akras on a V. no repacking necessary.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Stromthusiast!

Thanks everyone for the input. This makes it hard to say which way to go. I know I don't want really really loud pipes. I leave for work usually around 4:30-5:00 A.M, every morning and my neighbors are fairly close on either side of me. So as a nice guy I don't want to wake them everyday when I'm leaving (or the Wife and daughter for that matter). So I guess I'm looking for the Deep throaty, little extra something.. I'll post some pics and whatnot's of what I go with. I think my biggest issue now will be explaining to she who must be obeyed why I need to spend money to replace a part that isn't broken.. Maybe I'll tell her the old Exhaust was supposed to sound like the new, LOL She was born on a day but it wasn't yesterday, have to come up with something else more catchy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement