Love it, it's Ok or hate it? New DL1000 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

View Poll Results: Love, OK or Hate??
I love it! 132 54.10%
It's OK, I guess... 78 31.97%
I hate the new look! 34 13.93%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 03:30 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Post Love it, it's Ok or hate it? New DL1000

What's your take on this concept?

2006 Wee (Cherry Red) [B]Farkles and Nice to have's:[/B] Reflective rim decals, Heidenau K60 Scout tires, 45L Givi Top Box, Givi AF260 Screen, Oxford Tank Bag, 2 x USB Power Ports, Rick's Fork Brace, more to come...

2009 Sam 200cc scrambler (Sold)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 03:50 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

i will buy one if it looks like that. It will be time to sell the L2
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Pretty sweet looking ride if you ask me I particularly like the red and how the seat colour matches. Very snazzy.

The only thing I don't like is the 'almost iconic' massive twin lights being changed. I love being able to spot v-stroms from ages away
Old 10-03-2012, 05:30 AM
$tromtrooper

I like the 17" wheel on the front.....

If you don't think you need a helmet.....
You probably don't.........
Old 10-03-2012, 06:05 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Think I might wind up having a love-hate thing going on with regards to its looks vs how it performs. Thus I have no idea so far whether there'll be any love there yet!

Givi crash bars; SWMotech centre stand; LeoVince Evo II slip-ons; Rich's fork brace, farkle dash, mirror extenders, gps dash, and wheel spacers, and (soon to be fitted) footpeg lowering; narcosis junkie's skid plate, highway pegs and (soon to be mounted) raising links.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:35 AM
Stromthusiast!

So they stole the headlight from the versys, and the idiotic "half bag" design from BMW and triumph because of a poorly designed exhaust. No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone.
2012 VStrom 650 Adventure
IBA# 24562
Old 10-03-2012, 06:37 AM
Stromthusiast!

I was hoping they would give more than a wink toward the off road side of things. This is definitely more sport oriented.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Stromthusiast!

I like how the lines in the first picture are all connected. Look how the lines on the OEM side boxes blend in with the frame rails. The look is very impressive and I think very aggressive looking. It kinda reminds me of the aggressiveness of the B-King (Which I would love if they reconfigured it into a cruiser type riding position rather than sport bike...thing looks SO uncomfortable).

I also don't like the single headlight. The dual headlights is a signature V-strom thing. It remains to be seen whether the engine will be more reliable than previous DL1000s.

I think it is ok that it remains sporty looking. The Vstrom has always been a sport/touring first then off-road bike, so they kept with that theme which appears to have been a good move in the past so why change it? If you want it to be more off-road a few Farkles can fix that.

Overall, the color scheme is awesome...I love it. Hopefully the stock seat is an upgrade too...but i doubt it. One day, someone will get a bright idea and contract Russell or someone to make OEM seats for their bike....one day.

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but they also went down to one exhaust...I wonder what that will do for engine sound. As they did with the Glee, they have probably worked to make this bike super quiet.

1999 Triumph Trophy 1200

2012 Vstrom 650 (current)

Last edited by lordneeko; 10-03-2012 at 07:00 AM. Reason: in addition
Old 10-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Stromthusiast!

The things that need improvement or updating on the DL100 aren't cosmetic so my take on that concept is, it's a completely pointless visual effort by someone with too much time and photoshop skills on their hands, someone who's not related to Suzuki in the least but who wants to feed the rumor mill and see their handiwork posted around the 'net.

Had they taken the time to brush in an "ABS" logo on the front fender it would have been the only change needed to pique my interest.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Like the look except for the beak and the Versys headlight. I guess if they left the dual headlights it would look like an owl from the front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement