2013 DL1000 V-Strom and V-strom Concept - [merged] - Page 20 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 08:13 AM
$tromtrooper

Maybe a can with a cat needs to be closer to the engine heat. Additionally 1 cat would be cheaper than 2.

So once again I feel the withering hand of the tree huggers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0m4 View Post
A: The DL1000 goes as the name tells us clearly into the 1000-cc segment, that is, we don’t want to reach upwards toward the 1200s, but step into the 1000-segment, and have particularly put emphasis on weight. It is very light, has for example an aluminium frame, all components are extremely trimmed with low weight in mind, in order to achieve better ergonomics, better rider position, and to guarantee lighter (easier?) riding conditions.

Q: Ok, sounds great, we’re looking forward to it.
I am very happy that Suzuki chose to keep the 1,000 displacement and focus on light weight. This is what they did very successfully with the GSXR line and from my point of view all the ADV bikes have become very bloated in size and weight.

I would have to agree that all of the ADV bikes share the same inharmonious design theme. Yamaha, KTM, and Guzzi are the only companies to break with the beak look going more Dakar look, which I think is better IMO. I tossed the KTM 990 in there for good measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenT View Post
Doesn't look much difference than the new 2013 water-cooled R1200GS (but the GS now has fangs):

The exhaust can is even in more or less the same location (a bit lower, but not much):

And the Tenere:

And the Explorer:

And the Stelvio:

The Honda CrossTourer does look a little more street, but still has the beak:

And the MultiStrada for good measure:

Overall, they are all pretty much functionless plastic panels on parade...
95 KTM MXC300
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Stromthusiast!

The only company that did a good job styling the beak was Ducati. It reminds me of a hawk...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
'13 Yamaha FZ8
Old 03-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Stromthusiast!

for my money the triumph looks the best, followed by the Yami.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Stromthusiast!

The Tenere looks like it's been chasing parked cars.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post
I am very happy that Suzuki chose to keep the 1,000 displacement and focus on light weight. This is what they did very successfully with the GSXR line and from my point of view all the ADV bikes have become very bloated in size and weight.

I would have to agree that all of the ADV bikes share the same inharmonious design theme. Yamaha, KTM, and Guzzi are the only companies to break with the beak look going more Dakar look, which I think is better IMO. I tossed the KTM 990 in there for good measure.
The KTM and the Yamaha are the only ones that look different!

Farkles? Sargent Seat, Genmar risers, K&N filter, cramp buster, heated grips, PCIII, Givi Engine Guards, Givi Hard Bags 52 liter and two 45 liter, Givi shield with spacers for buffeting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaboy View Post
The KTM and the Yamaha are the only ones that look different!
Let's not forget the new KTM:

Stromtrooper Wiki - http://stromtrooper.wikispaces.com/

Last edited by BigMan73; 03-06-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:58 AM
Stromthusiast!

What is different on the new KTM? Looks like the prototype STrom to me. I pointed it out to the dudes here in South Africa and they started telling me the weight difference fully loaded etc etc. Fact still stays, it looks like the new Strom!
(Master Ugwe - Kungfu panda)

K6 DL1000DS
Old 03-07-2013, 07:12 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisxander View Post
What is different on the new KTM? Looks like the prototype STrom to me. I pointed it out to the dudes here in South Africa and they started telling me the weight difference fully loaded etc etc. Fact still stays, it looks like the new Strom!
What's different...?
I'll just say that it has 150 BHP, fantastic suspension, modern electronics and I leave the rest for you to discover on Google.

If indeed it looks like a V-Strom family member, then it is a huge thing - A function-over-form bike, that has tons of function, not much weight, and also none of the 'beak' inspired attitude which originates from Bavaria.

Stromtrooper Wiki - http://stromtrooper.wikispaces.com/
Old 03-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Stromthusiast!

Dont know much of the specs, and after I posted I scolled up and saw the "beakers", with exception of the S10 and Stelvio. But still the old one looks better!

My apologies!
(Master Ugwe - Kungfu panda)

K6 DL1000DS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement