2013 DL1000 V-Strom and V-strom Concept - [merged] - Page 18 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Preview from Ultimate Motorcycling, calling this a 2014 model:
That thing has so many randomly-shaped pieces hanging off of it that it looks like they loaded a cannon with parts from every bin and shot it against a wall to see what would stick. Inspired by the "Transformer" series, that's for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Stromthusiast!

Looks a lot like the Triumph Explorer - or really any litre+ adventure touring bike on the market today. I like the adventure touring asthetic, so it appeals to me. YMMV I put a pic of it on my desktop - the flavour of the month.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Stromthusiast!

Apart from the beak, which could be modded, if it is everything it promises then it will be a perfect replacement for my k7 which I have had 70,000km worth of uninterrupted hard work from. I still thrash mine regularly, usually around 2 rides, about 300km a week and looked at upgrading to a later model but now think I,ll wait.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

What? That's a r1200gs haha.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Stromthusiast!

Until all the Beak Heap is long past and forgotten, I'm perfectly ok with the KLV. What's the use in having the best bike in the world if it makes you hurl your lunch when looking at it? I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that many will find it ok, athers maybe good looking! No offence. The above is just my opinion.
It is just that I witnessed a couple of decades , in which bikes evolved both looks and specifications. Always the new was better in both aspects than before, and always there were few who thought othrwise , but the majority was thinking like me.New was faster, safer, and better looking.
Now with the New V-strom, maybe the rule "new is better" applies to the specs department, but when it comes to looks, it is a HUGE step back.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:46 PM
$tromtrooper

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Old 12-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Stromthusiast!

I think that you'll find that lots of people think the bikes from 50+ years ago look better. Cars too. Look at all the retro stuff running around. Kawasaki has done another T100 clone, after doing one 10 years ago. Triumph is doing retro versions of their own products. Indians keep getting reinvented over and over again.

New isn't always better (looking). Personally, I've never gone to bed with an ugly bike, but I have woken up in the morning with one or too.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Stromthusiast!

As I said, not all think my way(even I, find some older stuff prettier) , but the general consensus is newer=better. Anyway, if it's not, that's the way it should be! Newer SHOULD be better! And in DL's case , I dont think it fits the description...
Old 12-20-2012, 10:28 AM
$tromtrooper

Default Appearance at International Motorcycle Show

Does anyone know if the new Vee will be showcased at the International Motorcycle show January 18-20 at the Javitiz Center in NYC?

I do like the look of this updated model, and would consider it when it comes out. Maybe Suzuki will be able to make the new Vee as good as my Wee just with a bigger engine. I can only hope!

I believe I read it should be here by the fall of 2013. Any other info?

Last edited by chirosyd; 12-21-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
First pictures of the new DL1000 are here. I'm very disappointed. I was hoping for an update like the 650. I'm not gone buy that monstrosity.

looks good enough .. if it has some ass, can handle back roads well and get 50 mpg out on the hiway under 80 mph .. depending on the cost might be a viable option
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.