2013 DL1000 V-Strom and V-strom Concept - [merged] - Page 17 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Moderator++

He doesn't have a clue. The front wheel is a 19" for example.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvstrom View Post
And only thing he knows about specs is that it looks like a 21 inch front tire lower weight and slight more power with ABS. That all he told me'
LOL......so what you're really saying is that he knows absolutely nothing....21", hahahah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

My buddy owns a Suzuki shop. He attended the recent Suzuki dealer show. Suzuki was telling their dealers that they expect the bike to start showing up on their floors by late Spring as a 2014 model. Which probably means mid summer. Unless of course they get another natural disaster in Japan. Then all bets are off.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Interesting. Found this post - a full and total copy-paste of my post #155 in this thread - on a forum I'm not a member of.. I guess plagiarism is a kind of flattery.

Givi crash bars; SWMotech centre stand; LeoVince Evo II slip-ons; Rich's fork brace, farkle dash, mirror extenders, gps dash, and wheel spacers, and (soon to be fitted) footpeg lowering; narcosis junkie's skid plate, highway pegs and (soon to be mounted) raising links.

Last edited by K0m4; 11-28-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandStrom View Post
My buddy owns a Suzuki shop. He attended the recent Suzuki dealer show. Suzuki was telling their dealers that they expect the bike to start showing up on their floors by late Spring as a 2014 model. Which probably means mid summer. Unless of course they get another natural disaster in Japan. Then all bets are off.
Can anyone corroborate this? A new big V in spring would change my plans drastically - I'd much rather have this bike than a Tenere or Tiger.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Butt Ugly

I would rather blowtorch my money than buy this heap of many things , designed by talentless accountants with eyes only for what else makes money.(BMW's, Duc(k)ati's , Crosstourers etc. I hated the beak in all of the other brands adventure bikes (although I liked it on DR800...) but I find it absolutely HIDEOUS on the new Beakbomination DL1000.
I have owned a wee, a vee, and now a KLV. I loved the looks and suzuki should have kept it similar to the Vee. Upgrade the engine so it goes like a TL, update the FI so it does'nt feel like a pepper grinder, USD forks, radial brakes that work , easily adjustable windscreen, a little less weight, some new plastics and thats the recipe for success.Anyone at suzuki listening????
Old 11-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memos View Post
I would rather blowtorch my money than buy this heap of many things , designed by talentless accountants with eyes only for what else makes money.(BMW's, Duc(k)ati's , Crosstourers etc. I hated the beak in all of the other brands adventure bikes (although I liked it on DR800...) but I find it absolutely HIDEOUS on the new Beakbomination DL1000.
I have owned a wee, a vee, and now a KLV. I loved the looks and suzuki should have kept it similar to the Vee. Upgrade the engine so it goes like a TL, update the FI so it does'nt feel like a pepper grinder, USD forks, radial brakes that work , easily adjustable windscreen, a little less weight, some new plastics and thats the recipe for success.Anyone at suzuki listening????
+1.
No, Suzuki are not listening. They are too busy surviving, and so they came up with a half baked ugly duckling. They lost their edge completely. No innovation what so ever. I fear they have become the Schwinn of motorcycles - take a cheap formula that worked for the last 15 years and re-use infinitely.

2014 Northeast V-Strom Rally! (NEVA 2014), Aug 1-Aug 3, North Adams, MA

Stromputer - A V-Strom Computer and display
2011 DL650 ABS ( "White Pearl")
Stromtrooper Wiki!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:58 PM
$tromtrooper

Give them a fair trial

Then hang.em
Old 11-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw View Post
Give them a fair trial

Then hang.em
Sorry, I was taught to shoot first..then ask questions.

2014 Northeast V-Strom Rally! (NEVA 2014), Aug 1-Aug 3, North Adams, MA

Stromputer - A V-Strom Computer and display
2011 DL650 ABS ( "White Pearl")
Stromtrooper Wiki!
Old 12-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Stromthusiast!

Preview from Ultimate Motorcycling, calling this a 2014 model:

Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Concept: A Look into 2014 | Ultimate Motorcycling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement