2013 DL1000 V-Strom and V-strom Concept - [merged] - Page 16 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums  

Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Stromthusiast!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth_moore View Post
Here's the VisorDown link on the new model:

Intermot: Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Concept - Motorcycle news: New bikes - Visordown

Nothing new EXCEPT that they say to expect the bike to cost 11k Pounds Sterling. That's over $17k US at current rates! I hope that's wrong; the low price always distinguished the Vee from its competition.
It's about EUR 13,700. Pretty much on par with the super tenere here in Europe, if I recall correctly.

Edit: model year 2013 lists at EUR 13,995 in Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
Dammit.. he should have asked how much "concept" the concept is.. but it did sound on the guy as it's only a formality to call it concept "since it's released as L4 for 2014", and this is basically a finished product.

Givi crash bars; SWMotech centre stand; LeoVince Evo II slip-ons; Rich's fork brace, farkle dash, mirror extenders, gps dash, and wheel spacers, and (soon to be fitted) footpeg lowering; narcosis junkie's skid plate, highway pegs and (soon to be mounted) raising links.

Last edited by K0m4; 10-03-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:36 PM
$tromtrooper

Dammit, couldn't understand a word!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Looks good, I like the updates. I think my favorite alternate DS replacement for the V would have been the Tiger, this may swing me back to the V with the updates it so needed.

Not a fan of the single light. Is this a cheap way of upgrading the alternater and allowing more voltage available for other electronics. Most likely we would end up installing a set of PIAA driving lights to make up for the lost 2nd light, robbing any voltage gain from dropping our 2nd light.

Interested to hear about any cluth/chudder issues with the upgrade, my biggest beef with my current DL1000.

Keep the good changes comming big S.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt1moore View Post
Dammit, couldn't understand a word!
Here's a quick-and-dirty attempt at a transcript and translation (bear in mind neither German nor English is my first language though!):

Good morning. Iím standing here at the Suzuki stand, speaking with Jan Breckholdt (?). Weíre standing here next to the Suzuki V-strom 1000, the new concept bike.

Q: When will the bike be on the market?

A: Well, itís still called ďconceptĒ because itís not a L3 model, but will be officially released as a L4, that is for the 2014 season. This means it will be ready for delivery during the fall of 2013.

Q: Ok. And what kind of rider support systems can we expect?

A: The new DL1000 will be the first model from Suzuki equipped with all electronic aids. That means in addition to ABS, traction control, as well as little electronic gizmos such as grip heaters, seat heater, and [canít for the life of me get what heís saying here]

Q: How will the bike be positioned?

A: The DL1000 goes as the name tells us clearly into the 1000-cc segment, that is, we donít want to reach upwards toward the 1200s, but step into the 1000-segment, and have particularly put emphasis on weight. It is very light, has for example an aluminium frame, all components are extremely trimmed with low weight in mind, in order to achieve better ergonomics, better rider position, and to guarantee lighter (easier?) riding conditions.

Q: Ok, sounds great, weíre looking forward to it.

Givi crash bars; SWMotech centre stand; LeoVince Evo II slip-ons; Rich's fork brace, farkle dash, mirror extenders, gps dash, and wheel spacers, and (soon to be fitted) footpeg lowering; narcosis junkie's skid plate, highway pegs and (soon to be mounted) raising links.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Stromthusiast!

English is my first language. I also have taken a couple of years of German in University and I lived in Germany for 10 years while in the U.S. Air Force.

Your translation is not "literal" - in other words you didn't just regurgitate in English what the guy said EXACTLY. However, Your translation is BETTER than a literal one because a literal translation would not have made sense.

I think you captured all the FACTS as the speaker stated them and did a GREAT JOB making it understandable for how English speakers hear things.

Thanks!

Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0m4 View Post
Here's a quick-and-dirty attempt at a transcript and translation (bear in mind neither German nor English is my first language though!):

Good morning. Iím standing here at the Suzuki stand, speaking with Jan Breckholdt (?). Weíre standing here next to the Suzuki V-strom 1000, the new concept bike.

Q: When will the bike be on the market?

A: Well, itís still called ďconceptĒ because itís not a L3 model, but will be officially released as a L4, that is for the 2014 season. This means it will be ready for delivery during the fall of 2013.

Q: Ok. And what kind of rider support systems can we expect?

A: The new DL1000 will be the first model from Suzuki equipped with all electronic aids. That means in addition to ABS, traction control, as well as little electronic gizmos such as grip heaters, seat heater, and [canít for the life of me get what heís saying here]

Q: How will the bike be positioned?

A: The DL1000 goes as the name tells us clearly into the 1000-cc segment, that is, we donít want to reach upwards toward the 1200s, but step into the 1000-segment, and have particularly put emphasis on weight. It is very light, has for example an aluminium frame, all components are extremely trimmed with low weight in mind, in order to achieve better ergonomics, better rider position, and to guarantee lighter (easier?) riding conditions.

Q: Ok, sounds great, weíre looking forward to it.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfog2 View Post
English is my first language. I also have taken a couple of years of German in University and I lived in Germany for 10 years while in the U.S. Air Force.

Your translation is not "literal" - in other words you didn't just regurgitate in English what the guy said EXACTLY. However, Your translation is BETTER than a literal one because a literal translation would not have made sense.

I think you captured all the FACTS as the speaker stated them and did a GREAT JOB making it understandable for how English speakers hear things.

Thanks!

Jay
Thanks! Nice to hear!

Old 10-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut11 View Post
The second thing I see is a 17 inch front wheel, if there isn't an easy way to put a 19 on that is a deal breaker.
Lots of comments here and on the other threads about a 17" front wheel. It is in fact 19". Hard to see from the photos, but if you add a couple of horizontal lines it quickly becomes apparent.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Only now thought of it: it has chain drive!

Good on Suzuki not to drink that koolaid as well!

Old 11-18-2012, 01:57 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Went to show today looking for new vs from or info. The Suzuki guy told me they are to release the new 2014 hopefully by early spring. And it will be like the pictures posted in this thread. He believes it will cost about $1000 more than the 2012 model. And only thing he knows about specs is that it looks like a 21 inch front tire lower weight and slight more power with ABS. That all he told me'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement