New DL1000 2013-2014 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default New DL1000 2013-2014

In the Netherlands and the rest of Europe, we canít buy since 2009 no longer a new DL1000 . Has to do with the environmental requirements.
The K9 was the last. So you understand that we are looking forward to the new successor of the DL1000.
There are more and more rumors going around, but there are still no official photos available. My contact at Suzuki Netherlands expects the new DL (L4) in autumn 2013.

Example of the new DL 1000 L4

We wait and see.

If you hear something sooner, please let me know.

Thanx4now,

Rhino
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 08:38 PM
$tromtrooper

I like what I can see so far except for the signal lense cover. Should be clear.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Stromthusiast!

i'll give 5-1 odds it's the same bike as earlier models with some cosmetic changes. it will arrive with the same antiquated FI system and the same ridiculous fuel maps to make it EPA friendly. the clutch problem will remain. the stator will still be underpowered and prone to failure. and the list of crap with our beloved Vee will continue...
Old 09-25-2012, 09:38 PM
$tromtrooper

When they released the new 2012 Glee they already had a nice new engine available from the Gladius. Does Suzuki have a similar nice modern 1000cc V-Twin that they can simply slot into the new Vee? I can't imagine they would build a whole new engine just for a revised Vee, in which case the original problems will remain.
But just imagine...a brand new Vee with none of the clutch or fuelling issues, revised styling, completely modernised...It would certainly change the Stromtrooper forum significantly I believe.

Buffeting, chuddering and wheezing my way across Canberra.

Last edited by Strange Dog; 09-25-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:56 PM
$tromtrooper

The upside down forks got my attention. I will assume it will also carry a better set of calipers to compliment the new fork legs.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:21 AM
Stromthusiast!

Gosh. Same old footpegs. Why doesn't Suzuki ever change anything? Blah blah blah pessimistic crapfest about the R&D budget of a struggling Japanese manufacturer.

Get over it.

"Purchasing a V-Strom from a Harley dealer does have poetic justice. Almost like removing a talented child from a meth house."
-ShortOnSkill

"I'm for moves that will help people get over the idea that it is ever okay to drink and drive."
-greywolf
Old 09-26-2012, 06:32 AM
Stromthusiast!

Interesting

Flint Gray 2002 DL1000
Old 09-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aTuWitty View Post
Gosh. Same old footpegs. Why doesn't Suzuki ever change anything? Blah blah blah pessimistic crapfest about the R&D budget of a struggling Japanese manufacturer.

Get over it.
so, lemme get this straight: as fans of this tired old design, we, the loyal customers of the poor struggling japanese manufacturer, are supposed to dribble and goo-goo gah-gah at a plastics redesign after ten years? are we supposed to run out and drop 12k on a "new" vstrom with the same shitty problems, that somehow the aftermarket fixed without too much ado and expense? are we prohibited, in your mind, from voicing our opinions as owners and users of the same machine, who have faithfully stuck with a flawed design and worked with the aftermarket to make the bike closer to what suzuki could have easily made it?

methinks the real pessimist here is you, sir.

as for their limited R&D budget, the cheap-ass designers could have easily looked at what the aftermarket has done and simply adopted some of the changes, e.g., realshelby's clutch basket fix, ECU remaps done by many many shops and individuals, mosfet regulator standard, 4 pot pistons, aluminum bars with adjustable mounts, slightly rounded mirrors that get rid of 20-40% of the wind buffet problem, any windshield design but their own to get rid of almost all the rest of the wind issue, and the list goes on and on. yes, these things cost money, but how much? a few hundred bucks?

Last edited by teevee; 09-26-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:45 AM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by teevee View Post
so, lemme get this straight: as fans of this tired old design, we, the loyal customers of the poor struggling japanese manufacturer, are supposed to dribble and goo-goo gah-gah at a plastics redesign after ten years? are we supposed to run out and drop 12k on a "new" vstrom with the same shitty problems, that somehow the aftermarket fixed without too much ado and expense? are we prohibited, in your mind, from voicing our opinions as owners and users of the same machine, who have faithfully stuck with a flawed design and worked with the aftermarket to make the bike closer to what suzuki could have easily made it?

methinks the real pessimist here is you, sir.

as for their limited R&D budget, the cheap-ass designers could have easily looked at what the aftermarket has done and simply adopted some of the changes, e.g., realshelby's clutch basket fix, ECU remaps done by many many shops and individuals, mosfet regulator standard, 4 pot pistons, aluminum bars with adjustable mounts, slightly rounded mirrors that get rid of 20-40% of the wind buffet problem, any windshield design but their own to get rid of almost all the rest of the wind issue, and the list goes on and on. yes, these things cost money, but how much? a few hundred bucks?
I think he was talking to himself the second half of his post.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:01 PM
$tromtrooper

Looks to be the same old engine from the photo here: Suzuki V-Strom 1000 quasi pronta... | V-Strom Moto Enduro e Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Dog View Post
When they released the new 2012 Glee they already had a nice new engine available from the Gladius. Does Suzuki have a similar nice modern 1000cc V-Twin that they can simply slot into the new Vee? I can't imagine they would build a whole new engine just for a revised Vee, in which case the original problems will remain.
But just imagine...a brand new Vee with none of the clutch or fuelling issues, revised styling, completely modernised...It would certainly change the Stromtrooper forum significantly I believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement