Wolfman Ranier Tank Bag on V-Strom - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I just had one (plus the tank paniers) on the Strom for 15 days and over 5000km and it was AWESOME!

Great fit, lots of room, and eaasy on and off when fueling or taking your valuables with you. I had it super laoded to keep as much weight over the front as possible, and it held up amazing. The carring handle is ultra strong too. Great product!

DL1000SEK9
'05 WR450F (plated)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2010, 12:57 AM
$tromtrooper

Just got back from a 3000 mile jaunt, using the Wolfman Rainier. It met all of my first expectations. Great bag. Only point I would add is that if you are going to modify the bag for adding device charging pass throughs such as sold by Eastern Beaver, DO follow the instructions. I did not and made a mess of things, fortunately I did not ruin the bag, but lesson learned.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

16 month bump...

Just got my Rainier and rain cover from Bryan at Atomic Moto and I want to see where everyone else attached the straps. I hooked the front straps around the bar that runs perpendicular to the frame in front of the gas tank (fairing bracket maybe? didn't feel warm so I think it's structural) and ran the fabric under the rougher black plastic middle piece. The retainer strap isn't quite perfect, I might loop it around that plastic piece or something, it's too long as is.

In the back I hooked the straps around the frame and ran the fabric under the lower rough black fairings so the retainer strap is hidden under the seat. I'm a bit worried about the heat on the right strap (frame felt nice and warm when I was putting it on after my ride). What do you guys think, ok place to put them? If not, what's worked for you?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-10-2013, 05:28 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboarder View Post
16 month bump...

Just got my Rainier and rain cover from Bryan at Atomic Moto and I want to see where everyone else attached the straps. I hooked the front straps around the bar that runs perpendicular to the frame in front of the gas tank (fairing bracket maybe? didn't feel warm so I think it's structural) and ran the fabric under the rougher black plastic middle piece. The retainer strap isn't quite perfect, I might loop it around that plastic piece or something, it's too long as is.

In the back I hooked the straps around the frame and ran the fabric under the lower rough black fairings so the retainer strap is hidden under the seat. I'm a bit worried about the heat on the right strap (frame felt nice and warm when I was putting it on after my ride). What do you guys think, ok place to put them? If not, what's worked for you?
I looped the back strap under the silver tank bracket. The loose ends stay under the seat. I just ordered the "X" strap retainer as I hate the buckles flapping around when I'm not using the bag.

There's a ton of slack on the front straps, and I should cut them, but I hate to do that in case I want to sell it later (or I screw up!)

I wish they made a magnetic version. The size is just about perfect. I bought the bigger exterior pockets.

'10 Vee Adv
Multiple Farkles :
Stebel Horn with Screaming Banshee,Gorilla Alarm, Madstadt Bracket, RichlandRick's fork brace, accessory shelf and mirror extenders, PCV, Twin 12v outlets, Twisted Throttle and EB Fuse Blocks, Admore Light Bar, GPS and Contour Camera Ram Mount, Bark Busters, 8k HIDS, Omni-Cruise Throttle Lock, Altrider Bars, sliders and side-stand foot. Wolfman Rainier Tank Bag, ADVMonster "30" Aux Lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement