StromTrooper banner

My 2005 dl1000. Some questions

7K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  fasteddy2b 
#1 · (Edited)
My 2005 dl1000.

Hello, this is my first real post to this forum. I have been lurking and searching this forum since last Wednesday night when i won a 2005 dl1000 from a local charity. The bike appears in ok shape. It has been laid down on both sides. Most parts have been replaced. And truely I consider myself very lucky to win this. I do have a couple questions. And please bare with me if these are silly.
1.) What coolant is stock? Cant i purchase coolant from the parts store for it? My coolant tank is not showing any fluids. (I assume that is the overflow tank i see on the inside of the right faring.)
2.) I have gotten spoiled to the led headlight in my current bike ( victory magnum). What is the common upgrade for lighting at night. Stock the bike seems very dim. My yamaha i used to have i was able to install HID bulbs and ballast. What are your recommendations.
3.) Do the front forks have a very soft setting to them stock. When i would stop the front seems to dive. Should i start with checking the rear brakes or the forks for correct functionality?
4.) The frame down by the foot pegs shows the scrapes from its previous owner. Is there a good matching paint that is recommended for touchups?

Thank you for your help

Attachments

See less See more
#32 ·
filling this with upgrades and fixes as of 2/2/2018
installed new front cowl
installed led headlights
installed new fender
installed fender extension
polished front header pipe with autosol polish
installed suzuki oem tank cover
installed Sargent seat
installed new left rear blinker assembly
installed Givi PLX528 monokey racks
installed Givi v35 gloss black bags
installed Givi TN532 Givi crash bars
installed new left cowl black vent trim
installed K&N air filter
installed new suzuki oem exhausts
installed Power commander Fuel controller (PCFC)
installed new spark plugs
replaced all fluids

Attachments