StromTrooper banner

My K4 has developed a noticeable vibration when

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  DL1000 Pilot 
#1 ·
accelerating at a brisk pace (near WFO). No loose mounts; chain in good shape and adjusted properly; TB's synced; 22K miles. Could this be loose alternator magnets, or clutch "chudder" rearing it's ugly head? I did notice that neutral was a little hard to find yesterday during a ride.
Bike is real smooth at idle and normal steady engine speeds. Any help is appreciated. And yes, I did a search but did not find anything specific. :confused:

#2 ·
#8 ·
The chain and front sprocket have less than 7K miles on them

but the chain is showing some tight links. Maybe the sprocket is bad as well (it's not a factory issue).
The rear sprocket (original) still appears to be perfect. Guess I'll be changing the front and chain again and not be using an RK. Maybe I'll stop downshifting so much to save wear & tear on the drive system.:frown2:

#6 ·
At 22K miles your rear sprocket and chain may be in good shape. But not the front sprocket. I too think this sounds like something I would check right away. Loose rotor magnets are felt in the 4000+ rpm range at all loads and it is a light vibration. Clutch chudder will be felt when not accelerating hard as well as when hard on the throttle but typically you spend much time under 4000 rpm when hard on the throttle so clutch chudder isn't as obvious. At your mileage I expect there is more wear in the clutch basket than you might think, but I would also not think it is the likely source of your vibrations.

#14 ·
Lo & Behold.......it was the TB Sync!

Surprised to find the TB sync was off a bit as this never has varied previously. Re-synced with my new CarbTune and she runs as smooth as the inner thighs of a teen-aged beauty queen!
I should have known to never "assume" something is OK and doesn't need checking!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.