StromTrooper banner

Center stand problems on K2

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Nelsonmd 
#1 ·
So after reading how easy it apparently is for lots of you to put your Vee on the center stand (even in flip flops!), I definitely have a problem, because mine isn't easy to get onto the center stand.

So I think I have 2 potential problems, and I'd like y'alls advice.

1. I think my center stand is crooked. It seem to lean to the right when it's on the center stand. I don't see any bent parts, but I'm thinking maybe I can weld some additional material onto the bottom of the right side foot to balance this out, or grind a little off the left side.

2. There appears to maybe be a missing bolt or something? See the pic with the red circle. Is there supposed to be a bolt here? This is on both sides, and no bolt on either side. Could this cause it to be harder to put up on the stand? Is it 1 bolt on each side, or one long one that goes through both sides?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
There should be a bolt there. A slight lean to one side is not abnormal though.

#3 ·
My OEM stand made the bike tilted slightly too! I switched it at the dealer for another thinking it was a bad weld job, and it did the same thing. I refunded my money and bought an SW Motech stand. Works great, no lean at all!

#4 ·
Thanks. Is it a single long bolt, or 2 short ones?

Sorry for the dumb question, I can't find the center stand in the fiche. Do you know which fiche it's on?

#5 · (Edited)
The center stand is an accessory. It is not on a Vee fiche. The Vee2 stand is similar and does have a diagram. The only real difference is the left mount on the Vee2 has an inner added inner plate that extends back to provide a stop for the retracted stand and uses three bolts, probably because of problems like yours. The Vee uses a stop on the exhaust and only two bolts on each side. Each side has separate bolts, not through bolts. The SW-Motech stand for your model has the same mounting system as your stand seen at http://static.twisted-throttle.net/media/files/hps_05_159_100.pdf

#6 ·
Oh, the SW Motech looks exactly like mine... maybe I actually have that one.

Thanks for the link! It has the exact parts that I need listed. Unfortunately it looks like I need a spacer. I might have to fab that myself.

I'll have to fix this and see if that make it easier to roll it back onto the stand.

#7 ·
My 04 Vee is hard as hell to put on the center stand- standing on the arm sure won't do it- I have to get a running start backwards and jab it down while standing on it. Would be impossible with a flat rear tire, which is one of the reasons for having it.
Frankly I regret buying it, may take it back off and sell it.

#8 ·
Just to follow up and close this out...

I got a couple bolts to replace the apparently missing ones, and used some washer stacks instead of spacers, and it had definitely greatly improved the ease of putting it on the centerstand. It's still not as easy as some here have claimed it to be, but it's a million times better.

Thanks for the help guys!

#14 ·
So after a while of having the center stand installed correctly, I think the bike is still crooked on it... It still leans to the right.

Has this happened to other people? I can't see any damage or uneven wear, but I'm thinking i'll have to weld on a piece to the bottom of the right side foot to even it out.

#15 ·
Or you could leave it alone and take your OCD pills.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.