No more Master Mike Spacers? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default No more Master Mike Spacers?

I got an email from Master Mike's stating that he is too busy and is not making the spacers anymore. Does anybody know where I could get one or a similar product?

thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I'm hoping my package from MM is in the mailbox today when I get home - and no, you can't have it!

There has been talk on the other Strom forum about few people taking over for MM in the US. Nothing set yet - but chances are good that it will happen.

The other option is to take your spacers off, have a machine shop mill 2mm off the one, and make a 2mm shim for the other. Shouldn't be too expensive.

Take care,
Bob S.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:31 AM
$tromtrooper

these guys send the stock spacer to a machine shop for a trim, then put a washer on the other side. works great . . . about 8k miles on mine since the fix. cheap too.

http://www.tonupmotorcycles.com/
Old 06-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

RE the washer.... I know from other posts that the spacer trim, and washer thickness, should be the same thickness - about 2mm.

What inner and outer diameter should the washer be?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Could anyone who has a set of spacers that are not fitted post a sketch showing all the dimensions? If that would be possible I'm sure any local machine shop would be able to produce them.

I know spacer #8 needs to be 2mm shorter and spacer #9 needs to be 2mm longer. Does it matter which side of spacer #8 is reduced and which side of spacer #9 is increased?

Fred

Last edited by freddy; 06-27-2007 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy View Post
Could anyone who has a set of spacers that are not fitted post a sketch showing all the dimensions? If that would be possible I'm sure any local machine shop would be able to produce them.

I know spacer #8 needs to be 2mm shorter and spacer #9 needs to be 2mm longer. Does it matter which side of spacer #8 is reduced and which side of spacer #9 is increased?

Fred
My set came in on Monday from MM, I'll measure them up for you if you need it, but I think you can find the answer here...

http://11109.rapidforum.com/topic=10...rch=&startid=2

I'd say more, but I have to go look at your avatar again...

L8r,
Bob S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement