PCIII Maps for DL1000 - Page 31 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums  

Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000 - 2002-2012

DL1000 - 2002-2012 For those bikes with two pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 05:36 PM
$tromtrooper

Just tried this map on my K6 Vee (stock exhaust, etc) and it's AWESOME at low RPMs and still has plenty of pull when I rev hard.
I was *never* able to run in the 2k RPM range until now. This thing is running better than ever. Haven't had the occasion to fillup, so I don't know how it affect the mileage, but I imagine it would be more economical since I'm able to stay at lower RPMs sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheff View Post
I got my DL1000 tuned today at a Dynojet facility. The gentleman asked me not to share his name if I was going to share the map for liability reasons so I will respect that. It cost me 200. And it is the best 200 I have spent on the DL. OH MY GOD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! The bike is so smooth at all RPMs, it pulls hard with out the usual thumpin from below 2k rmp. I had trouble keeping my speed down because the engine is running so smooth. I have not scanned the sheet, but here are the numbers and the map. He said he was having trouble getting a full run because the TKC80 where to bouncy. He said that it prob would have gotten 90-92 with out knobbies.

Stock Dl1000 with K&N filter.
HP 88.08
Torque 61.80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default 2012 stock DL1000, feels flat, even after pcV & Dyno

First off- great bunch of advice throughout this thread.

Does anyone know if I can safely try Cheff's OMG, or Exleper's Jett map on my 2012 DL1000?
It's all stock, and the pcV software had no problem converting the map format.
I'm just worried about any major changes to the bike since these highly praised maps were based on 05 and 06 bikes.
The 2012 is said to be the same bike as the 09.
Any advice before I proceed would be appreciated.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:31 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LifeForce View Post
First off- great bunch of advice throughout this thread.

Does anyone know if I can safely try Cheff's OMG, or Exleper's Jett map on my 2012 DL1000?
It's all stock, and the pcV software had no problem converting the map format.
I'm just worried about any major changes to the bike since these highly praised maps were based on 05 and 06 bikes.
The 2012 is said to be the same bike as the 09.
Any advice before I proceed would be appreciated.
Don't have an answer for you, but you're the first person to mention that PCIII maps can be used with the PCV.

Thanks! Now I have some alternatives try. I'm getting crappy mileage with the stock map, so I may as well try one that adds some pep!

'10 Vee Adv
Multiple Farkles :
Stebel Horn with Screaming Banshee,Gorilla Alarm, Madstadt Bracket, RichlandRick's fork brace, accessory shelf and mirror extenders, PCV, Twin 12v outlets, Twisted Throttle and EB Fuse Blocks, Admore Light Bar, GPS and Contour Camera Ram Mount, Bark Busters, 8k HIDS, Omni-Cruise Throttle Lock, Altrider Bars, sliders and side-stand foot. Wolfman Rainier Tank Bag, ADVMonster "30" Aux Lights
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

yes, in the PCV software you will find the "Import PC3usb map (.djm)" option under the File menu. Then just save it and it saves as a new .pvm map.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:45 PM
$tromtrooper

I uploaded the OMG ('06 version...need to look back for the exact name) map and went for a quick blast around town today. My Vee is completely stock.

OMG is right! It was smoother by far low down, and even high gear / low speed roll-ons failed to get her to do the chudder. 2nd gear corners are now a reality... No need to drop into first.

I don't give a crap about MPG now, she's the bike she should have always been!

Two questions. Is there any long term mechanical downside to running rich? And since this map was made for a K&N filter, should I alter it for my OEM filter or leave well alone?

'10 Vee Adv
Multiple Farkles :
Stebel Horn with Screaming Banshee,Gorilla Alarm, Madstadt Bracket, RichlandRick's fork brace, accessory shelf and mirror extenders, PCV, Twin 12v outlets, Twisted Throttle and EB Fuse Blocks, Admore Light Bar, GPS and Contour Camera Ram Mount, Bark Busters, 8k HIDS, Omni-Cruise Throttle Lock, Altrider Bars, sliders and side-stand foot. Wolfman Rainier Tank Bag, ADVMonster "30" Aux Lights
Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

craneguy,
I don't think you need to worry about the K&N filter making a big difference in the intake. I just installed my K&N this past weekend (wow! what a pain), and then went for a ride. i didn't notice any difference in performance. I think the big advantage\attraction is that it's a life time filter and will save you money in the long term.
I still have yet to run any of the PC-III maps on my PC-V.
So the software conversion of his OMG map worked out just fine?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:58 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LifeForce View Post
craneguy,
I don't think you need to worry about the K&N filter making a big difference in the intake. I just installed my K&N this past weekend (wow! what a pain), and then went for a ride. i didn't notice any difference in performance. I think the big advantage\attraction is that it's a life time filter and will save you money in the long term.
I still have yet to run any of the PC-III maps on my PC-V.
So the software conversion of his OMG map worked out just fine?
Thanks for the input. I'm still concerned she's running rich, and I haven't yet put a full tank through her yet to see what happened to the crappy MPG I was getting before. I have a big week of highway riding ahead so I should find out.
Software conversion worked seamlessly. I have another map to try and if it's any better I'll post it here.

'10 Vee Adv
Multiple Farkles :
Old 11-17-2012, 03:46 AM
$tromtrooper

Well I got 32 mpg today. About 40% city traffic and 60% 80 to 90mph highway. Not bad I think.

'10 Vee Adv
Multiple Farkles :
Old 11-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Default 2003 DL1000 pcIII map

Here is my dyno tuned PCIII map for my 2003 DL1000

Staintune exhaust, baffles in
stock air filter
ATRE set to 4th gear.

peak 88.5 hp, 66 lbs of torque
Air/Fuel curve set flat to 13 to 1.

Runs great.
Attached Files
File Type: zip VStrom2003_staintunes_baffles_stockfilter.zip (762 Bytes, 52 views)
Old 03-31-2013, 08:28 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Just got a PCV for my Vee, but anytime I try to open a zip thats been upload here it says "invalid file". I noticed someone eles has had this issue but no one responded to him. I have downloaded it from several computers but the files will not unzip. Anyone here figured out the secret squirrel handshake to use the files?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement