The day started well, the Altrider crashbars are fantastic, the build quality is streets ahead of the competition i have seen. The welds are works of art.
They fitted beautifully, my only problem was fitting the 2 countersunk screws in the cross brace, the threads in the alloy were full of swarf, so the first screw got damaged Luckily, i found a tap, so we could clean out the threads and finish the install.
Next part was Narcosis Junky's bash plate. The rear bracket install was a breeze, and things were looking good for an easy install. Unfortunately things were not as smooth as i hoped. The Altrider crashbar must sit higher and closer to the engine than others, when i tried to install the upgraded hardware option, the backing plate would not clear the front barrel.
Luckily a bench grinder saved the day and i rounded off the profile and solved the problem (sort of) Unfortunately i couldn't centre the bashplate at the front due to the clearance issues, no big deal, the front is about 10mm off centre to ensure clearance for the engine.
Ground backing plate..
Although i experienced problems mounting the plate, i would recommend it to all, the workmanship is great, and Yanni did a great job designing a plate that fits "so many" crashbars.
Next "to do" job was the suspension raising kit, again great work from Yanni, machined from stainless steel, they are far more substantial than the OEM ones. Install was a breeze, about 10 minutes in all.
I also mounted the rec/reg, i'm just waiting on a custom loom from Jim so i can finish the job off. On Jim's advice i will be replacing the loom connector with a metripack connector.
Final job for the day was to install the Ride It billet shorty levers. Easy install but one problem emerged, the clutch lever although sold to suit the strom, didn't have the tab to close the starting safety switch. It will be a simple enough solution of bypassing the switch.
Long shot of the bashplate and Altrider bars
Now all i have to do is figure out the lighting, dash and screen