StromTrooper banner

Which wee?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jokermtb 
#1 ·
Greeting Weestromers. I've decided to move to a Wee after riding a friend's, reading reviews, finding this great forum and righting my tipped over K100LT one too many times.
I've got my sights set on 2 bikes: both with the basic farkles I'd put on.

One is an '04 with 13k on the clock and some light scratches on the fairing.
The other is a '11 with 4,200 miles and mint cosmetically. Its about $2,400. more than the '04 (both are private sales). Assuming I can't find anything wrong with either bike, I'm leaning toward the '04 - mainly because I suspect I'll be able to afford a '12 model when they're a couple years old. Assuming I want to, there'd be less depreciation with the older bike. With either bike I'd prolly upgrade suspension, install a Sargeant seat and add a gear indicator. I was happy to see this was a doable mod for the bike. My K bike has one and I find it easier than looking at the tach - just me.
Any thoughts?
Thanks. Looking forward to joining the herd.

#2 ·
which WEE?

got my '05 w/ 25+k miles on her

she now has over 40k

the problems, i've encountered, would fit in a thimble w/ room to spare

this forum has helped me resolve them, ALL, w/ little or NO cost

the difference in cost would fund the farkles, you listed, & buy a bunch of fuel for your next adventure

& you have already mentioned having the dropsy...

why worry about scratching one when you can get one that already has some?

whichever way you go, ENJOY

shiny side up

sw

#5 ·
Either bike will be Ok, but I would pick one with ABS brakes. Your choice.

#8 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I'm bringing a trailer and cash with me tomorrow. Will let you know how it turns out :thumbup:

#9 ·
Its in the stable now!

Thanks for the advice, guys. I took both notacop and PTRider's advice and went with the Pearl white and black ABS, '11 model. :thumbup:
I hope the mild weather holds so I can get comfortable on 'er. I'm definitely going to lower it. Although its 100 lbs. lighter than my K100, it's a little taller. I've also noticed 1st gear isn't as low as the K, which surprises me, given its a "dual sport" bike with one more gear than the K. :confused:

#10 ·
Disregard the last comment. I talked to the seller and he put a 16 tooth front sprocket on and is going to send me the stock sprocket. I'm sure this set-up is best for highway riding and fuel economy but I want be able to do slow speed maneuvers without so much clutching/coasting to keep speed down.

#11 ·
ABS is definitely a worthwhile upgrade. I wish I had it (I have a 2006 wee). Anyway - my Wee's gearing is stock, and I'm occasionally surprised while cruising around, or commuting to work, that I'm in 5th gear, instead of 6th gear. I usually get a reminder that I'm not in 6th when I overtake a slower moving car, and the bike leaps forward, instead of oozing forward - dead giveaway! Even with the stock gearing, the Wee is still smooth in 5th gear, leading one to sometimes forget the final shift to 6th. You could even gear the bike down from stock to get a little more zip from each gear and still have a nice overdrive-ish 6th gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.