StromTrooper banner

Any stromtroopers in the Sacramento area?

13K views 145 replies 36 participants last post by  EVstrom 
#1 ·
I just bought my new to me wee 650 this week. I see alot of these bikes in the sacramento area so I thought I would see whos here.

#6 ·
There definately are a few popping up. Anyone ever interested in a get together? Like a burger run, day ride.....etc.....I would love to meet some fellow stromtroopers locally. I should mentions that I am in Folsom for a more exact location.

#11 ·
I am working on getting my wee set up Once i am done I will put together an event for us Nor cal area folks to get together. I just got my russell day long seat. I have the race tech emulators, fork brace and Elka shock on the way. I would like to get my suspension upgraded before any real riding.

#17 ·
No, i sent it in. It was an extra 80 bucks for a ride in and they dont seem to think it does them any good, along with a day off from work. I am happy with it. It is scheduled to be sent back for a minor adjustment but I am not sure it will need it afterall.

#14 ·
Grass Valley event

The Suzuki Owners Club Of North America is holding an event at Sierra Motor Sports July 1 -6.There will be rides leaving SMS at 8 o'clock on the 1st, 2nd, and third. A friend and I (both strom riders) are hosting a ride to Lake Tahoe on the 1st. I am not connected to SMS other than having bought three bikes from them. There will also be factory displays and give a ways. Just thought you Nor Cal riders might be intrested.

#15 ·
I'm in Modesto and would like to hook-up with other area Stromtroopers.

MonkeyMan, if you want some help, or just someone to get in your way ride down to Modesto and I'll be glad to do what I can. I've installed three Elka 3way shocks.

Lookin' forward to meeting y'all.:biggrinjester:

#19 ·
thanks for the offer there Joe. I am hoping it isnt much of an issue. I am somewhat mechanically inclined (I am a mechanical engineer). If I ge tin trouble i may contact you. Its an ABS model so I can see there is a biot more to installation. I am hoping the shock shows up this week. I have a ton of farkles waiting to go on. GPS, XM radio, madstad, race tech, sonic springs, mirror extenders, fork brace, elka, gps mount, etc.....alot of stuff...... I wanted to put the bike on the lif tonce so I can just bang it all out in one shot. BTW, if anyone in the sac area needs to do some stuff to their bike I am more than happy to help. I have a pneumatic table lift, compressor, tools...oh, and a 400 watt sound system in the garage...:jawdrop: Her is my setup, its taken a while to get it to this stage so I am proud of it.

#16 ·
Take a look at my new post, above, about a possible get-together this Saturday (June 19). Please reply to the new post so that we are all on the same page.....literally.:yesnod:

#20 ·
I am not seeing a post above, it seems your first post in this thread.
Oops! I forgot that new postings to old threads move that thread up to the top of the page. The post I was referring to is titled "Sacramento area meet-up and ride."

#25 ·
Checking in from Sacramento.

I live in Land Park, so I take a run down Freeport and along the River, now and again, after work (3pm ish)

I work in Rancho Cordova, so I'm available for some early evening runs near here as well.

Grouprides.Net (select the Inlands/Delta/Sierra area) has a great calendar for local rides.

#28 ·
Its starting to look like we should get a day ride going so we can all get together and meet each other. Anyone interested?

@hoebster: Sorry I didnt reply, I took some time off from this site and riding. I bought a boat and was playing with that most of the summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.