StromTrooper banner

Fuel additives

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  greywolf 
#1 ·
Anyone got advice re fuel additives, i got a new DL650. Needed? which one?

#4 ·
fuel additives

We dont have corn ethanol but there is a lot of ethanol in the gas, Sugar cane derived. We also have very questionable fuel supplies. Some people use here and some not. We dont have a big selection of products here but STP and Prestone is available.

#9 ·
No additives needed if you ride every day, if you leave for a long time drain all fuel. tank is electrostatically coated to prevent corrosion during empty storage. go to a well known station that has allot of fuel turn over. no stale gas. I run 93 or 95 think its only RON method here in the Philippines.

#7 ·
You know more about the quality of gasoline in the P. I., and the additives available (and if the additives actually have any active ingredients in them regardless of what the label says). Is the high octane gas there a better product?

Use an additive only for a specific problem. Water in the gas might be a concern due to the humidity or leaky underground tanks. Keep an additive for water handy.

#11 ·
Leaving the tank empty in cold weather will cause condensation inside the tank which will cause rust. It may not be a problem in the Philippines but it is in colder climes. I fill the tank and add Marine Sta-Bil if snow prevents riding.

#14 ·
Ethanol doesn't clog injectors. In fact, it's a powerful cleaner, too powerful in higher concentrations. Injector clogging is due to low detergent fuel, not ethanol. Top Tier fuels are certified to have good detergent additive packages even in regular grades. Top Tier Gasoline

Use low detergent fuel and occasional use of an additive like Techron may be a good idea. I'd rather spend my money on top tier fuel than fuel additives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.