StromTrooper banner

Any guys riding in AL or GA?

3K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  utjim 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking for some other adventure guys to do some riding in AL or GA. I'm in Auburn, and ride over to Pine Mountain in GA, and Cheaha in AL quite a bit. I'm looking at doing some of the North GA riding here pretty soon if anyone is interested. I ride mostly on Sundays, and Monday. I know, most people don't have Monday off, but it works good for having the roads to yourself for me! :thumbup:

#3 ·
There's a bunch of us. Search the Ga G2g thread and follow it. Ga boys that do group rides from time to time. I've yet to join them, but still intend to when schedule allows.

#4 ·
Thanks for the information. It seems there isn't much activity for this region on here. IS there maybe another place online they talk? Maybe a Facebook page or something like that? Just asking because it seems like a lot of local tight knit groups use Facebook a lot to stay in touch and plan local rides. I know I'm in a local sport bike group in Auburn, and it helps people with different bikes stay in touch too. Would anyone have any ideas? Or would anyone be willing to get something like that going?

#6 ·
I'm smack in the middle of north GA. I haven't mapped out any good routes yet and I'm not doing much "adventure" riding yet, but hit me up if you're ever up around Ellijay.

A friend of mine here in Ellijay leads group rides throughout northern Georgia pretty frequently (though I'd guess he'll be doing fewer as the weather gets colder). It's all street riding, but if you're interested, he sends out ride announcements through his newsletter, if you want to check it out: North Georgia Motorcycles. Tell him Clint sent you! :)

#7 ·
Excellent!!! Thanks for the info! I ride more street than anything, but I have a motorcross background and I enjoy all of it! I appreciate it! :thumbup:

#9 ·
Hey, Stevo80. I'm new to this site. I just bought a 2012 DL650. However, I am not new to riding and I have been leading group rides for a couple other forums for several years.

I'm in Acworth, Ga and I'm very familiar with N. Ga, SE Ten, and W NC. I have many, many gps routes. I'm looking for other Stromtroopers to ride with as well.

Unfortunately, my current work schedule limits my ride time, but I am interested in meeting up to ride sometime. I'm off on Saturdays and Sundays.

Let me know if you are interested and where you specifically want to ride. I've probably got a route that covers it. Or, I can always build a new route. I known as 'The Cartographer' on some forums.

#11 ·
I ride about once a month in the N. GA mountains, either with my close friends or with some of the guys from Atlanta Adventure Riders Meetup group. They ride every second Saturday of the month.

My new Kenda Big Blocks will be here this week so Ill be back at it again here soon!

#12 ·
The Ga G2g rides have been rather lax for the last few months. We need to get it active again. Income tax season has started and my riding time is limited, but I still make it out ever now and then.

I have a small list of riders that I usually email whenever I post a ride on Ga G2g. (Sometimes the ride notifications do not make it on the Ga G2g post) Anyone that is interested, send me your email address and I will add you to the list.

Most of our riding is pavement with some easy dirt every now and then. We separate the fast riders from the slower so that everyone can ride their own pace

#15 · (Edited)
I live in Buford and ride all over north GA, and wouldn't hesitate to come down to Auburn and ride. I've got friends that go to school there, so I could stay with them.
If I'm not working & it's over 40 outside I'm usually on the bike.

I freelance so my availability just depends on if I've got a job that day.

Edit: I also know quite a few Dual Sport rides around. Some are just gravel forestry roads, & some can get kinda hairy depending on what you want to do..

#18 ·
better map

The North Georgia Wildlife Management Areas map is better. Dales, the gas station on the corner of hwy 60 & 180 ( Wolf Pen Gap rd ) has these in stock. In fact, they carry the waterproof version.

This is the best map for gravel / forest service roads in N. Ga.

#22 ·
Nice video.

What kind of camera are you using and how do you have it mounted ( if you don't my me asking )?

I really like how you captured the sound of the engine without any wind noise. Are you using a remote microphone or just foam windscreen over the camera mic?

BTW, good save on 180 when you hit sand in that corner.

#23 ·
The camera is a GoPro HD2 mounted on the left bar using a RAM mount. The GoPro is in a waterproof case that greatly reduces wind noise but I also have a foam strip over the mic input. What the mic picks up is engine noise which I reduce with the editing program to an acceptable level.

#25 ·
I'm now in Newnan

I moved back to GA in January and looking for some rides. I'm in Newnan, south west of Atlanta. I just did pine mountain a couple weeks ago. My schedule allows for a lot of Mondays off if you want to ride. Send me a message. I just signed up for the grand tour of GA so I will be doing a lot of local day rides all over the state. You should look into this.

#26 ·
I moved back to GA in January and looking for some rides. I'm in Newnan, south west of Atlanta. I just did pine mountain a couple weeks ago. My schedule allows for a lot of Mondays off if you want to ride. Send me a message. I just signed up for the grand tour of GA so I will be doing a lot of local day rides all over the state. You should look into this.
Can you post up a link?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.