Just a follow-up:
Contacted Murph about the problem and he sent another kit out. I ended up using just two pieces from the replacement (the left side bracket and one bolt). The original had excessive weld around the spacer/stop which prevented the stand from travelling to it's maximum forward position on that side. When I had removed the original to mount the replacement and examine the paint, it clearly showed the interference. If I had a grinder, I probably could have cleaned it up myself. Other than a slightly misaligned set of spacers on the right side bracket, the rest of the original components were fine.
The reinstalled stand works exactly as expected, and I'm very happy with the manner that Murph's handled the problem. If you get one, the cord trick for spring installation really does work. See the YouTube install video.