Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - 19 000 Km. Service cost me over $ 1200 with new tyres
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 01:18 AM
$tromtrooper

assuming fork spring changes incl fork oil change too then,

the hours do not seem outrageous "by dealer standard" - but i am betting they did hem in about 5 or less at a very leisure rate. I change fork oil incl changing springs in less than 2 hours including a 20mins wait time for oil to drain thoroughly - which i doubt they do. Once your front is off the bike - pads and brake line changes are easy and will probably take less than 2 hours. A competent mechanic who does this day in and day out and are familiar with vstrom has got to be a lot faster than me.

In relation to "piece of mind" - i find it generally it's far from the truth - while our mechanical "know-hows" will not be as good as a good mechanic, most mechanics in this country have a dont care attitude and have limited pride in their job (to put it politely)- you are likely to find extra care that you would give, have not been exercised when servicing your bike.

I understand of your lack of garage dilemma, but know that only you can give the extra care to your bike.

K8 Wee ABS(SOLD);

SOLD: 06 FZ1; 04 Fireblade; 02 Fireblade; 97 CBR 600