StromTrooper banner

Permanent brake light

959 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Cabbage Mechanic 
#1 ·
The left hand side as you look from the rear is staying all of the time and I have no idea why.

Initially I thought the bulb had gone on that side for braking only, but it soon became apparent that that was not the case.

I haven't done any electrical work on it since I got it a month ago.

Any ideas?

#2 ·
Chances are there rear brake light switch is adjusted so it is on all the time and the brake light filament on the right side bulb is burned out.

If the right side comes on when you apply the brakes and the left is on all the time, some electrical work was done wrongly. W/B is brake light hot, B/W is ground and Gray is tail light hot.

#5 ·
A switch problem would affect both sides if they were wired correctly. Make sure both bulbs are properly grounded for one thing.

#6 ·
Are they earthed at the point where the bulb touches the connector or via one of those three feeds? The problem side has had a squirt of WD40 and I have to say the spring fitment was a little sticky on that side. I guess I'd have to pop out the whole light to clean it up properly?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.