StromTrooper banner

Vee2 Fender Raising Kit

29K views 145 replies 35 participants last post by  Berksglh 
#1 ·
There has been a persistent slow drip of requests for a fender raising kit for the Vee2. I am pretty sure the fender can be raised 0.45" to 0.5" without changing the brake lines, but it would require multiple small machined parts to accomplish the spacing.

After removing the the front axle and probably the wheel, the parts would be secured from the backside (inside) of the existing mounts.

I am sure this would be a low volume part, but thought I would ask how much interest there is.

#138 · (Edited)
I guess I need to boost my instructions. It all started on this thread and now at 14 pages no one reads the whole thread anymore.

Regarding the 2014+ DL1000 (Vee2 and Vee3), the 0.6 kit can be installed without changing the brake line or the location of it's "stay" on the back side of the fender.

The 1.6 higher kit requires either moving the stay further down the fender or using our new longer cross over line (DAT-4). About 1 in 30 people choose to use the longer line. Most just drill a new hole in the fender and move the "stay" further down.

#143 · (Edited)
Made my own riser kit. About 1.2" kit. Few chunks of 1/2 aluminum scrap, 1/8" x 1/2" and 1/16 x 1/2" aluminum, some screws, a drill press, sander, metric tap, powdercoated it black.

Also, heres how I handled the brake line relocation without drilling any holes. Made a strap to lower the line 3"

<EDIT!> (Sep 1st 2018) 3" is to far. If you bottom out, the loop around the break line will hit and dent your radiator. Don't ask how I know. I made a shorter strap, same idea, but only 1.25" from hole center to brake line center. Line is snug, but strap wont hit radiator now.
<end edit>

Made a strap to lower the line 1.25"
with the 1/16" x 1/2" aluminum. Required a different plastic rivvit deal I got from an autoparts store.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

#144 ·
Very timely posts...

I finally got around to installing mine too. Only mine is the shorter kit that doesn't "need" brake line relocation, but they are pretty tight now and rubbing against the fender.

I like the idea of making an aluminum strap to lower the crossover line a few inches without opening up a new unreinforced hole in the fender.

What did you guys do with the main brake line from above? Just disconnect it from the bracket? The main brake line from the its fender clamp down to the caliper is also pretty tight.

I wonder if they shorted my brake lines a little bit at the factory...

#146 ·
I like the idea of making an aluminum strap to lower the crossover line a few inches without opening up a new unreinforced hole in the fender....
Warning! For the strap I made, 3" is to far. If you bottom out, the loop around the break line will hit and dent your radiator. Don't ask how I know. I made a shorter strap, same idea, but only 1.25" from hole center to brake line center. Line is snug, but strap wont hit radiator now.

Edited my post with same info above.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.