Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Throttle Control or Electronic Cruise Control
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 01-03-2017, 12:49 AM
NVDucati
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COrtega_06 View Post
Hello my fellow V-Strom Enthusiasts,

I am on the fence whether or not to fork out the cash for an electronic cruise control (MC Cruise), or go with the cheaper option and purchase a Kaoko throttle control. We are talking about a $500 difference. I was hoping if any of you can provide insight on your experiences or recommendations. Thanks!
You've got a pretty good cross section of answers already. From my point of view if the money spent won't prevent you from getting something else you need, ... go all the way. Or if you care for simplicity get a thumb-lever mechanical throttle lock.

I have one bike with a electronic cruise. OEM BMW. Works as good or better than any you'd find in a car. All the others, including my V2, have the old style thumb lock. I never feel cheated by the simple ones. In fact I think they are just as easy to use and reaching down to add / remove a touch of speed is just as normal as checking my mirrors.

Which ever way you go it is worth it for long hauls not have the right side of your body handcuffed to one position.

Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '02 BMW K1200rs, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome