Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - A Skill & a Habit to make you live.....
View Single Post
post #12 of Old 08-26-2016, 09:09 AM
Macdoc
$tromtrooper

I don't weave but also hyper aware of positioning and traffic behind me.
I make it a practice to have some day light ahead of me - stopping so I would not get pinned ...which ever part of the lane the car ahead has left some space so even if hit I would be pushed past the vehicle ahead of me.

Also rarely in neutral so if I need a quick out it's there and never in the left turn lane with the bike angled across traffic ....keep it straight so you would not be pushed into oncoming traffic if hit from behind.

It is my greatestest concern ...being rear ended and only positioning can give you some amelioration of serious injury risk. Keep a close eye on those mirrors....too often the driver behind you is looking at the vehicle in front of you ....brake light flashing even with gearing down a good practice.
Off pavement riders - give that brake light a polish.

Ontario Canada rider staying in Cairns Australian Feb to May & Aug-Oct each year
Australia> 04 KLR650 93 ST1100 sold Canada > 10 Wee ABS 2009 CBF1000 09 Burgman Exec sold 10 NT700v sold
Travel photos> https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome